We are REFRAMD. A Berlin-based and Google-backed eyewear start-up creating inclusive eyewear products for a diverse world. Founded in 2020 by Ackeem Ngwenya & Shariff Vreugd. REFRAMD has its roots in years of personal frustrations of not finding correct fitting sunglasses for our nose profiles and an unwillingness to accept the world as it is.
Today, REFRAMD means so much more to us. Our company is built on the foundation of diversity and inclusion. We are evolving into a multidisciplinary tech start-up.
We’re a small team with huge ambitions for what we want to achieve and the environment we build. We want people to own what they do and have the autonomy and freedom to make mistakes, learn, and create something meaningful. Responsibility and accountability are fundamental values within our company. We all work hard and care about what REFRAMD is here to do – we’re looking for exceptional people that are proactive, hungry to learn, and want to put their pride in our collective achievements. We are a culturally engaged, innovative, and growing team.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a part-time lead UX/UI Designer to join our team and continue to elevate the digital experience of our brand.
In this role, you will be responsible for bringing ideas to life and ensuring design solutions meet customer, business, and tech needs. Starting from business challenges and research, diving into user-centred design and lean UX methodologies to finally translate all of it into perfect UI designs for development.
The position is based in Berlin and is to be filled as soon as possible.
- Create the overall look of our website and app.
- Design and take care of the REFRAMD corporate identity.
Own the design process from start to finish:
- Identifying customer needs
- Visual designs
- Handover to devs
- Regular testing
- Maintain consistency across touchpoints.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Be ambassador of the REFRAMD brand.
- Implement Lean UX/UI design workflows into our process to bridge the work between design and development.
- Create social media assets.
- A proven track record of working in digital design for 2+ years.
- Experience in designing consumer-facing UI.
- Experience working in a style-driven and fast-paced environment such as start-ups, fashion brands or retail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate your concepts and design decisions clearly.
- Mastery of relevant design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently and to own your tasks.
- Updated portfolio with a strong passion for design.
- Ability to handle critique and form structured feedback.
- English is a must; German is a plus.
- Experience with handover to devs is a strong plus.
We offer you...
- The opportunity to lead and own the whole corporate identity of REFRAMD.
- The opportunity to grow into a full-time position and become a critical company member at C-level.
- The chance to be part of an international and ambitious team.
- Work on innovative products.
- Up-to-date hardware.
- Possibility for hybrid work arrangement.
We'd love to hear from you. Send us your Portfolio, CV, and reasons why REFRAMD would be a fit for you. We want to increase our team's diversity because we value different perspectives. Applications from women are especially welcome.