iOS & Full stack Developer
We are REFRAMD. A Berlin-based and Google-backed eyewear start-up creating inclusive eyewear products for a diverse world. Founded in 2020 by Ackeem Ngwenya & Shariff Vreugd. REFRAMD has its roots in years of personal frustrations of not finding correct fitting sunglasses for our nose profiles and an unwillingness to accept the world as it is.
Today, REFRAMD means so much more to us. Our company is built on the foundation of diversity and inclusion. We are evolving into a multidisciplinary tech start-up.
We're a small team with huge ambitions for what we want to achieve and the environment we build. We want people to own what they do and have the autonomy and freedom to make mistakes, learn, and create something meaningful. Responsibility and accountability are fundamental values within our company. We all work hard and care about what REFRAMD is here to do – we're looking for exceptional people that are proactive, hungry to learn, and want to put their pride in our collective achievements. We are a culturally engaged, innovative, and growing team.
ABOUT THE JOB
We're looking for our first dedicated iOS & Full stack Developer to lead exciting new developments for our D2C and B2B users. Currently, our platform offers consumers a new way to shop for fitting eyewear through a combination of digital scanning with advanced virtual try-on. As we move into a new phase of better integration between our app, website and partner brands. You will be working on building a more robust technical foundation for our platform. With your directions, our users and partners will be more informed about frame fitting and eye health and access an industry-leading online eyewear purchasing experience.
- Lead the development and maintenance of our iOS and web applications.
- Contribute to products roadmaps and other long-time plans.
- Work closely with product to define technical requirements and estimate effort for new features.
- Provide technical leadership and insights, and work collaboratively with the design team.
- Own the architecture design, code review, and build and deployment activities of our mobile and web applications.
- 3+ years of experience in iOS and web development.
- Proficient with Swift.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as AR-kit, Core Data, CoreAnimation, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Familiarity with React, ES6/TypeScript, HTML, SASS/SCSS, and NPM (Node Package Manager).
- Familiarity with WebGL (Unity, OpenCV).
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Ensure compatibility across a wide range of devices/browsers.
- Deployment experience - CMS.
- Deployment experience - running applications in production.
- Experience integrating with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify.
We offer you...
- The opportunity to grow into a full-time position and become a critical company member and C-level.
- The chance to be part of an international and ambitious team.
- A lot of responsibility and freedom to make decisions.
- Work on innovative products.
- Possibility for hybrid work arrangement.
- Up-to-date hardware.
We'd love to hear from you. Send us your CV and reasons why REFRAMD would be an excellent fit for you at firstname.lastname@example.org.